National Consultation on Children and Internal Migration in India
The Consultation, organized by Aide et Action, with the support of UNESCO and the Bernard van Leer Foundation, will address the question of how the government, civil society, corporate house and local stakeholders can contribute and suggest inclusive policies, programmes and partnerships to safeguard the rights and entitlements of internal migrant children in India.
The following items are on the agenda:
1. Deliberate and understand the dynamics of internal migration and its impact on children.
2. Outline solutions for inclusion of migrant children in accessing education, protection and healthy environment in cities.
3. Share best practices on migrant children’s care, safety, learning and healthy environment across selected states of India both by the government and civil society organizations.
4. Identify hurdles, challenges, policy gaps and opportunities to create inclusive policy formulations for government and other stakeholders.
5. Identify area of convergence between various departments of the Government and civil society organizations on the issue.
6. Bring-in organizations and groups working with migrant children on a national platform for learning and collaborative efforts.
Participants from the Government, academia, UN Agencies, NGOs/IGOs will deliberate and suggest various alternatives for the welfare and rights of internal migrant children.
Partners: Aide et Action, Bernard Van Leer Foundation, UNESCO, National Institute for Urban Affairs